Our research group aims at attracting postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows with an excellent academic record and with keen interest in physical chemistry of interfaces and materials science. I invite applications to carry out research projects in my group for a minimum duration of six months. Scholarship and fellowship opportunities are listed below.
Four honours projects are available in the Neto group. Please contact Professor Chiara Neto by e-mail if you would like to know more. Alternatively, visit the Honours research projects page and click on Materials Chemistry or Soft Matter.
- Functional patterned coatings
- Superhydrophobic surfaces
- Polymer nano-patterns
- A new family of self-assembled monolayers
Five postgraduate projects are available in the Neto group. Please contact Professor Chiara Neto by e-mail if you would like to know more.
- New self-assembled monolayers for surface modification of surfaces in electronic components
- New liquid-infused surfaces based on wrinkled Teflon
- Optimisation of droplet roll-off on patterned surfaces
- Functional structured polymer coatings for water condensation
- Understanding slip and designing new slippery surfaces
Currently no positions available.
PhD scholarships available at the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney offers more than 600 research scholarships for students enrolling in a postgraduate research degree. For more information please visit both the Faculty of Science Scholarship page and the School of Chemistry Scholarship page.
- Postdoc on anti-fouling of lubricant-infused surfaces (May 2019)
- Postdoc on Atmospheric water capture (May 2019)
The University of Sydney is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment for financial or other reasons.